Please order your prescriptions online and nominate a pharmacy that we can sent this to rather than coming to the surgery due to the current Coronavirus situation. Please note that we will only issue the normal repeat prescription requests - no additional amounts will be prescribed.
PRESCRIPTIONS FOR ANYONE GOING OR LIVING ABROAD
The NHS accepts responsibility for supplying ongoing medication for temporary periods abroad of up to three months. If a person is going to be abroad for more than three months then only a sufficient supply of his/her regular medication should be provided to enable them to get to the destination and find an alternative supply. NHS prescriptions must never be obtained by relatives or friends on behalf of patients who are currently abroad, irrespective of such factors as owning a house in the UK or paying UK taxes. Patients are responsible for ensuring that any drugs they take into a country conform to local laws. By not adhering to this guidance is breaking UK law.
Please note that in order to reduce congestion on the telephone lines, and the possibility of mistakes occurring, we do not accept telephone requests for prescriptions - this is to reduce congestion on the busy telephone lines, and to reduce the possibility of prescription mistakes occurring.
Prescriptions can be requested in the following ways:
- Online via the link at the top of this page
- Speaking to the local chemist
- Handing in a request at our front desk (please see above)
- Please indicate your preferred chemist as we can also deliver the prescription for your convenience. If you wish your prescription to be sent to your address, please supply a stamped addressed envelope. Due to NHS confidentiality regulations, we do not fax prescriptions to pharmacies.
The clinician checks all prescription requests before signing. There are different types of prescriptions, allowing different levels of safety checks, and therefore leads to shorter or longer processing times.
- Urgent requests:
- Hospital advised prescriptions and Non-urgent request: