Please click here for the latest information about COVID vaccination programme
CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19). UPDATED 09 DECEMBER 2020.
We ask all patients that if you have any concerns and/or symptoms regarding COVID-19 then to please visit www.nhsinform.scot/coronavirus or call NHS24 on 111.
Please visit our home page for the latest information on how we are running our practice and other guidance.
The Royal Hospital for Sick Children ('The Sick Kids') closes on 23 March and is moving.....
If your child or young person need to go to the Emergency Department, from 8am on Tuesday 23 March, you must go to the new Royal Hospital for Children and Young People at Little France, located at 50 Little France Crescent, Edinburgh EH16 4TJ phone: 0131 536 1000. In an emergency, please dial 999.
Public Holiday Closures
Mon 3rd May 2021
Mon 20th September 2021
Mon 27th December 2021
Tues 28th December 2021
Mon 3rd January 2022
Tues 4th January 2022
Text Messaging Service
Morningside Medical Practice has introduced a text messaging service. In order for you to receive text messages for appointment reminders, we require to have an up to date mobile telephone number. If you do not wish to receive a text message, then please inform reception and your record will be updated.
Exit from European Union
GP practices have received word from The Chief Pharmaceutical Officer for The Scottish Government stating the essential points if the UK exits from the EU without an agreement about the terms of withdrawal:
- The Scottish Government is working with all other UK Administrations to make sure that patients receive the medicines and other medical supplies they need, as far as is possible if the UK leaves the EU without a deal.
- Pharmaceutical companies have stockpiled medicines and across the UK the NHS has stockpiled other supplies like medical devices and clinical consumables.
- Arrangements are also being made to transport into the UK, including by air, items that cannot be stockpiled.
- Patients, GPs, community pharmacies and hospitals should not stockpile.
- Shortages may occur, but the NHS will manage the situation and if necessary provide suitable alternatives or other treatment while supply is restored to normal levels.
- Patients do not need to do anything new.
Morningside Medical Practice is now operating a restricted list. If you require to register, this can be done on a Monday - Friday. Unfortunately, we are only able to register a limited amount of patients per week until further notice. The decision was taken so this would allow the doctors to continue providing high quality and safe care to our patients. Thank you for your continued support and patience.
Scottish Primary Care Information Resource (SPIRE)
From May 2017, NHS Scotland and the Scottish Government will be improving the way information is used from GP patient records. These changes will help to plan and improve health and care services in Scotland. Please click here for more information, or call NHS Inform on 0800 22 44 88.
GDPR and Data Protection
Morningside Medical Practice complies with Data Protection and Medical Records Legislation. Please click here to find out about our data policy on how we collect your data, how we process it, and who we share the information with.